Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bake a Cake





Towards the end of my pregnancy I decided to take a cake decorating class at Michael's. I'm so glad that I did! I want to take the 2nd and 3rd level classes eventually. I learned how to make butter cream icing, how to do basic techniques, and got some practice at baking. Now I love it and will bake a cake for any reason!! I am experimenting now with recipes and combinations. I have always made an Oreo cake, but now I have made french vanilla cake with strawberry filling, chocolate with chocolate icing and chocolate chips (for my pregnant sister!), and the most recent hit was a Reece's cake! My next one will be an orange and blue cake (maybe orange flavored cake with blueberry filling). And while my decorating isn't perfection, the cakes taste amazing and I'm having a blast! Any flavor combinations I should try??

No comments:

Post a Comment