Monday, May 3, 2010

Making Baby Food


So far I have made sweet potatoes and carrots for Macy. I peeled the sweet potato and cubed it before cooking. I used organic baby carrots. I steamed the veggies (individually) with the lid on in about 1" of water. I used our Magic Bullet to puree the steamed vegetables. By adding filtered water, I was able to get the perfect consistency. I portion out enough for her meal and put the remainder in a sealed container in the refrigerator, labeled with the type of veggie and the date. In a few days, I will start her on squash, then green veggies, then fruit. I'm giving it 3-4 days in between each one, as the pediatrician recommends. Macy LOVES her food! She even says "mmmmm!" while eating. I feel so good knowing exactly what is in my daughter's food. I recommend all moms to do the same!

2 comments:

  1. I used to do this with Gina! One trick I learned too is to make a larger batch and then pour into ice cube trays, once frozen transfer food cubes into a zip lock...and take out the morning you need it to defrost. That way you have homemade baby food on demand!

    I love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aggie! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete