Saturday, June 12, 2010

Mom Date 6/9/10






Last Wednesday night, I organized a Mom Date at my house. My husband left to play poker and us girls took over our house! I invited Christina (who I know from high school and haven't seen in years) and her almost three-year-old daughter Ellie and Jessica (a friend of a friend) who is pregnant. Jessica also has a daughter named Emma who she didn't bring with her this time. I made bruschetta, seven layer dip, chocolate chip cookies, and french vanilla cake with strawberry and vanilla filling...and of course homemade frosting! Jessica also brought some strawberries, grapes, and cream cheese dip. Our first Mom Date was a success! We sang "Happy Birthday" for no reason, laughed at our silly kids, and got to wear something besides workout clothes for once! I bought some cute note pads for favors. We just relaxed, chatted, and compared stories. I think this was a much needed break for us all...it was so nice to socialize for a few hours! I am planning on making this a regular thing, maybe once a month or every two weeks. I can't wait until the next Mom Date!!

No comments:

Post a Comment